If Biden Blew Up Nord Stream 2, Should He Be Impeached for Committing and Act of War Against a Nuclear Power without Congressional Consent?
Did Biden just commit an act of war against a nuclear power? If so this is certainly impeachable.
On Friday TGP opined that Biden should be impeached if he blew up our allies energy pipeline.
(To be honest, I didn’t want to be labeled a Russian supporter or in collusion with Russia so I labeled the post in this manner. The point was that Biden should be impeached for doing such a thing.
But one clever reader responded. Here is a summary of what he shared.)
I can’t confirm or deny whether there was US Govt/Military involvement in the Nordstream 2 pipeline attack, but it is highly important to understand what the historic equivalent of this is, if this event really did take place as reported, that US Military personnel planted explosives on the Nordstream 2 pipeline and later remote-detonated it.
The historic equivalent is the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, which was the sparking event that resulted in World War 1.
That’s where we are right now. Like in World War I, that event started alliances to fall in place that hadn’t even been solidified previously. If this Nordstream 2 event gets further investigated, and proven true that the U.S. was behind it – it’s as if we shot Archduke Ferdinand.
Many nations that we may have assumed would rally to our side, may rally to Russia’s side instead. It’s that significant, which is why you have to look at pre-WW1 to see how such an event can change things quickly, and cause a World War to ramp up as a result.
I may be “early” on this – because it could be 2-3 years before definitive proof comes out (what if – a Republican becomes President in 2024 and releases/declassifies information to the public about Nordstream 2?).
Europe won’t like us. Germans won’t like us if we’re the ones to blame for causing Germany to dig new coal mines, no matter that they’re unprepared and they should have done better for themselves, but still – Europe relations will suffer from this, no matter how we spin it.
A Reuters article is out now with quotes from Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Ryabkov stating,
“…there will be consequences for the US” (I think this guy is the deputy to Lavrov who is normally their outspoken guy in the media).
The nuanced point not made in your related TGP article is that:
- Biden committed an Act of War against a Nuclear-capable nation as if a pre-emptive strike on a Nuclear Power, something we have never done before.
- An Act of War against a Nuclear Power, preemptively conducted, should 100% of the time come after a formal Declaration of War from the US Congress because you don’t sign up 100 Million (or more) Americans to die in a Nuclear War without their Representatives committing the nation to that fight.
Thomas Jefferson ordered troops to fight the Barbary Pirates in Africa without a Declaration of War nor a Letter of Demarche (the lesser option). But the Barbary Pirates didn’t have Nukes! Nor did Ghaddafi’s Libya (Reagan), nor Iraq (W Bush). The Barbary Pirates were raiding our ships and killing our sailors. Russia hasn’t done that to the US.
We have never preemptively struck a Nuclear Power until this incident, and Biden not only crossed a Red Line in terms of the US Constitution, he crossed a Red Line with Russia – a Nuclear Power.
And Joe, 2 more points of importance:
- Nordstream 2 as an asset/physical pipeline, is owned by Gazprom, a Russian company HQd in Switzerland.
- Shell Oil and some other companies as a group had put together $10 Million to help with Construction costs, but they retained no ownership rights of the pipeline itself.
- Think of this just like a Russian-owned Oil Tanker that shows up in New York harbor. The transportation asset is Russian-owned the entire time, but the oil delivered is then the property of the receiving customer (Germany may have laws or some arrangement to begin ownership of pipeline on their own soil that may not be as transparent to the public, but this portion of pipeline in the ocean was certainly Russian owned).
Another consideration is the War Powers Act of 1972, which was only built by Congress so that in the need for rapid response in a Nuclear War, the President could immediately perform a return nuclear strike without having all of Congress rush to the House and vote on a Declaration of War. Return Strike, however – not for Preemptive Strikes (especially on a Nuclear Power).
A Constitutional Conservative may argue against the War Powers Act of 1972 being constitutional, because it has never been tested by SCOTUS for Constitutionality, and Congress cannot abdicate its responsibility to Declare War per the US Constitution This can only be changed with an Amendment, so the proper process would have been to Amend the US Constitution to add the spirit/intent of War Powers Act of 1972. But the fact is the law is in place.
This Impeachable Offense by President Biden is a big deal, and our Founders would probably find it to be one of the most egregious offenses by a US President in our entire nation’s history. A preemptive strike on a Nuclear Power puts at least 1/3 of our nation in danger, perhaps more. There is nothing more dangerous – COVID Shots, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan – add up any problem issues of the last 20 years, add up all the lives at stake, and it will be a minuscule risk in contrast to the potential deaths of 100+ Million Americans in a Nuclear War.
Also, based on warheads alone, the US is at a disadvantage against Russia.
This was a very dangerous move by Biden. It is certainly impeachable.
Go to Source
Author: Joe Hoft