BREAKING: Tulsi Gabbard Resigning as Director of National Intelligence – With Trump Statement on Replacement
BREAKING: Tulsi Gabbard Resigning as Director of National Intelligence – With Trump Statement on Replacement
Tulsi Gabbard is resigning as the Director of National Intelligence, according to Fox News.
Tulsi is stepping down to be with her husband as he battles an extremely rare form of bone cancer.
Read Tulsi’s resignation letter here:

Tulsi, a former Democrat Rep from Hawaii, was confirmed by the Senate in February 2025 to serve as the Director of National Intelligence in Trump’s second administration.
Her last day on the job is June 30.
Fox News reported:
Tulsi Gabbard is resigning from her post as Director of National Intelligence to support her husband through his battle with “an extremely rare form of bone cancer,” Fox News Digital learned.
Gabbard notified President Trump during a meeting in the Oval Office Friday. Her last day at ODNI is expected to be June 30.
Fox News Digital exclusively obtained her formal resignation letter, in which Gabbard says she is “deeply grateful for the trust you placed in me and for the opportunity to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the last year and a half.”
“Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026,” she wrote. “My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”
Gabbard said her husband “faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months.”
“At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle,” she said.
Gabbard added: “Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage — standing steadfast through my deployment to East Africa on a Joint Special Operations mission, multiple political campaigns and now my service in this role.”
“Today, with great humility and sincere appreciation, I shared the below letter with President Trump. It has been a profound honor to serve the American people as DNI,” Tulsi said.
Today, with great humility and sincere appreciation, I shared the below letter with President Trump. It has been a profound honor to serve the American people as DNI. pic.twitter.com/iBi6eURzvE
— DNI Tulsi Gabbard (@DNIGabbard) May 22, 2026
President Trump released a statement on Tulsi’s resignation.
Trump said Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Aaron Lukas, will serve as Acting Director of National Intelligence.
Unfortunately, after having done a great job, Tulsi Gabbard will be leaving the Administration on June 30th. Her wonderful husband, Abraham, has been recently diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer, and she, rightfully, wants to be with him, bringing him back to good health as they currently fight a tough battle together. I have no doubt he will soon be better than ever. Tulsi has done an incredible job, and we will miss her. Her highly respected Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Aaron Lukas, will serve as Acting Director of National Intelligence. President DONALD J. TRUMP
The post BREAKING: Tulsi Gabbard Resigning as Director of National Intelligence – With Trump Statement on Replacement appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
Go to Source
Author: Cristina Laila
