WATCH: “We Have Cuba on Our Mind… We’re Freeing Cuba” – Trump Speaks to Reporters Following Indictment of Raúl Castro, Won’t Say Whether He’ll Invade and Arrest Castro
WATCH: “We Have Cuba on Our Mind… We’re Freeing Cuba” – Trump Speaks to Reporters Following Indictment of Raúl Castro, Won’t Say Whether He’ll Invade and Arrest Castro

President Trump on Wednesday spoke to reporters at Joint Base Andrews following the Department of Justice’s indictment of former Cuban dictator Raúl Castro, where he celebrated the development and declared, “We have Cuba on our mind.”
Following his commencement speech early at the US Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, Trump walked up to reporters to discuss the “big news.”
“A lot of people have suffered very big, very, very at levels that few people would understand, and I think the Cuban population of Miami, and certainly beyond Miami, people that came there that were decimated, whose families were ruined, appreciate what the Attorney General just did today,” he began, noting that Cuba’s caused a “a lot of problems for a lot of years.”
Trump told reporters that what’s next for Cuba is help for the families and people of Cuba, though he did not specify how.
He further noted that the CIA and Secretary of State Marco Rubio have been in talks with the Cubans and that though “it’s not going to be like the biggest thing we’ve ever done,” it will be “one of the most important.” Trump added, “We’re freeing up Cuba.”
When asked how much longer he anticipates his oil embargo against Cuba to continue, the President declined to say, instead, telling reporters, “We’ll see. We’ll be announcing it pretty soon.”
“There won’t be escalation,” Trump said. “I don’t think there needs to be. Look, the place is falling apart, it’s a mess, and they sort of lost control. They’ve really lost control of Cuba.”
However, when asked if he plans to arrest Castro by invading the country in a Maduro-style raid, Trump told reporters, “I don’t want to say that.”
WATCH:
The Gateway Pundit reported earlier that Castro was indicted as Trump ramps up his campaign against Cuba’s communist government.
The charges are based on a 1996 attack against US citizens providing humanitarian aid to the people of Cuba. Interim Attorney General Todd Blanche announced the charges on Wednesday during a press conference, where he declared, “the United States and President Trump does not and will not forget its citizens.”
“On February 24th, 1996, two civilian aircraft operated by Brothers The Rescue were shot down over international waters by military aircraft from Cuba. Four men were killed,” Blanche said. “Raul Castro and five co-defendants participated in a conspiracy that ended with Cuban military aircraft firing missiles at those civilian planes and killing four Americans.”
WATCH:
Read more:
US Blows Up Another Drug Boat in the Caribbean, Killing Three Narco-Terrorists (VIDEO)
The post WATCH: “We Have Cuba on Our Mind… We’re Freeing Cuba” – Trump Speaks to Reporters Following Indictment of Raúl Castro, Won’t Say Whether He’ll Invade and Arrest Castro appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
Go to Source
Author: Jordan Conradson
